Friday, June 18, 2010

Viking Hats

Last Friday, I came to the shocking realization that I have been in Ireland for almost two weeks and hadn't yet worn a viking hat. Seeking ot remedy this situation, Emer and I booked a trip with Viking Splash Tours. They give you a tour of Dublin on an old DUKW ("duck"), an amphibious bus from WWII. You get to wear a viking hat and shout a viking roar to the "unsuspecting Celts" on the streets below. The bus goes down both the streets of Dublin and the Grand Canal (what's a viking voyage without getting your feet wet?) The tour guide was one of the best I've ever had. He really was in the spirit of the thing and told terrible, terrible jokes. I liked him for both.
Apart from the splash tour, its been a fairly quiet week. The weather continues to be much nicer than I expected, but a few rainy days forced us to doss inside all day (not that I have anything against dossing.) We made falafel again and have had a few other dinners with the flatmates. We've been watching a movie more or less every night with them as well. Last night was Resident Evil, a deliciously bad movie. It seemed like half the movie was done in CGI that's over a decade old, which made it even better. Not that I'm mocking the graphics - not after the computer graphics class I took last semester.
Sorry for taking so long between these last updates, I'll keep up the blog more faithfully in the week and a half I've got left. There'll also be more pictures. Promise.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that in Ireland one wears a snake as a hat! Oh yes, St. Patrick...........! I cringe when I hear of such events such as this Viking stuff. You will become more insufferable than you already are!

    Love you,

    Nana

    ReplyDelete